sábado, 26 de enero de 2013

The Gobbi mobile



The Gobbi mobile is my favorite one. That's why long before baby A was due, I asked my mother to knit some balls so I could make my own version of the Gobbi mobile. It consists of five balls in graded shades of blue. I chose this color not only because it is a primary color but because it is one of my favorite ones. The aim of this mobile is to refine the child's developing sense of sight by providing a slight change in tone from one ball to the next. We hung our mobile around A's fifth week and I just love to see him intently staring at the balls.



2 comentarios:

  1. It looks beautiful! Elliot never cared much for the Gobbi, or any mobiles, really, but it's my favorite, too. So simple and beautiful.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Well, it is not as those professionally made -I love your purple one- but it does the trick.

    ResponderEliminar