viernes, 18 de enero de 2013

Black and white images for infants

The fact that newborns cannot see very well has always worried me. How frightening must it be for a baby to be left on a flat surface from where nothing can be really seen. This is the way I feel about newborns and that is probably one of the reasons why we hold and carry our babies in this household. Aware that providing stimulating input I can help my baby's brain thrive, and with the -maybe silly- hope that that makes him feel less helpless, I made a very simple painting for him: a black circle and a black square on top of a white canvas. He has been intently watching it since his very first weeks.
I'd love to hear about the first images or objects you introduced to your babies.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario