jueves, 13 de junio de 2013

Just to say hello

We are in the midst of changes and recovering from sickness, which I expect will render us stronger and mindful. I really feel more like going to bed than staying awake and writing. However, I want to  share some of the things that are going on around here.
My littlest started slithering the day before he turned 6 months and he's been really into it ever since. Such an example of focus. Whatever calls his attention, he cruises, slithers and rolls until he reaches it.
M is more articulate than ever and even if there are still some phrases she uses her own way, such us temporal adverbs, she really means what she says most of the time. Upon hearing that I would present a new material today she told me "something else? but I don't want so many things"... This has triggered some thought, as you may imagine. From now onwards, I will try to be more present and less on the lookout for activities. This anecdote has reminded me one of the postcards that still hangs from the board of my childhood bedroom where there is pictured a boy carrying a globe as gift to a girl and the girl saying "Ich brauche nur deine Liebe" (...but I only need your love).

In the below picture you can see how A gazes M. He does it most of the time and whenever she appears in his field of vision his face is enlightened by a wide smile. She is also becoming fonder of him and wants to hold and tickle him, as well as bring him toys.


Me... I am on an ongoing process of becoming more mindful and present... 

2 comentarios:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a statement from such a young child - that she doesn't want so many things. They have so much to teach us, don't they? I'm glad to hear you're all doing well. Mindfulness and presence are constantly eluding me, but I keep trying... :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. They've come here to teach us, I believe. Thanks for stopping by, Melissa. Send you energy for the oncoming move!

    ResponderEliminar