jueves, 18 de abril de 2013

Homemade and costless glue

I am very excited to share the latest recipe I've tried out to make homemade non-toxic art materials. I really love seeing children experiment with paint, play dough, glue and other doughs but I am also concerned about the amount of toxic ingredients in these materials. Bear in mind that my eldest is 2,4 years old.
I have already mentioned somewhere that I try to make materials with edible ingredients. Just in case. We all know that toddlers like to taste things. We've tried several types of homemade paint and regularly make play dough and salt dough but I had never ever thought of making glue.
It is as simple as:
You boil a cup of water.
Mix 3 tablespoons of flour (I used the cheapest all-purpose) with 2 tablespoons of cold water
You mix everything in a pot and heat until mixture thickens
Add 1 tablespoon of sugar
Stir and let mixture overnight in the refrigerator.
We used it yesterday and paper sticked to cardboard even better than with regular glue sticks!!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario