miércoles, 20 de marzo de 2013

Robins, sparrows, wagtails...

Did I ever mention Spring is my very favorite season? Well, it is. I was born in Spring. I can't help contradicting T.S Eliot, for I DO NOT think "April is the cruellest month".
Jokes aside, something that fills my heart with happiness is the sight of birds coming everyday to eat from the bird feeders we made last winter.
As a tribute to the birds, we have done a collage and I am happy to share it. I like the result and the process was a non directed activity, age appropriate for a 2 year-old-toddler, as well as interesting.
I I don't have any pictures of the invitation to paint, but as you can guess from the finished collage, there were some paper clippings -deliberately cut in the shape of a tree, ovals for the birds' bodies, triangles for the beaks, little rectangles for the legs, and so on. There were sponges and some little plates with finger paint.
M was free to paint as she wanted, as you can also see. After the pieces were dry, we glued the birds and the trees and voilà!!  

2 comentarios:

  1. Beautiful! I love collage for this age group so much. You can really see their creativity shine, and it inspires such concentration.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks, Melissa. Yes, I love them too.

    ResponderEliminar